Guidelines for Guest Posting on The Small Business .Org
Thank you for your interest in guest posting on our site. If you like to write about small business, we'd love to hear from you.
We are always interested in receiving unique, high quality articles which will help, motivate, and encourage our site visitors to start a business or grow their existing small business. We welcome guest posts that inform, inspire, share experiences, or offer a unique perspective to our readers.
Guest posting is a fantastic way to gain exposure and generate interest in your products, services, blog, or website. Self promotion and backlinks should not be your primary reasons for submitting your writing here, however. We enjoy publishing the work of people who want to help others start or grow a small business.
Please familiarize yourself with our guidelines before you submit.
- Your guest post must be of value to small business owners or people who are interested in starting a small business.
- We do not link out to thin affiliate sites, sales pages, or websites we find objectionable.
- We do not accept content from marketing agencies, PR firms, or link building personas.
- We do not publish sponsored or paid posts.
- The post you write for us must be original and previously unpublished. We do not post spun content. You agree not to publish your submission anywhere else.
- You may include links within the body of your submission as long as they are helpful, relevant, and not promotional in nature.
- You can include up to 3 links and 325 characters in your byline. You can create 2 links to a personal or company website, and 1 link to your profile page on your favorite social media site. Include a picture of yourself if you like. Anchor text is up to you.
- Affiliate links are not allowed in your post or byline.
Topics Our Readers Enjoy
If you're not sure what to write about, our site visitors are interested in the following:
- Anecdotes and war stories based on your experience starting your own business.
- How to articles that are useful for small business owners or anyone who wants to start a business.
- Advice on starting or running a business that is specific and actionable.
- Your post must be at least 500 words.
- If you are passionate, have an interesting experience to share, or are an expert in your field, let that shine through in your writing.
- Write in your own voice and write epic sh*t. You'll have a good chance of getting your work published here.
- You do not need to include an image with your guest post. If your article references a picture, diagram, or screenshot, please include it with your submission.
- The article you write may be edited for clarity or quality, but please check for spelling errors and typos before submitting. The less your guest article has to be edited, the more likely it is to be published.
How to Submit Your Guest Post
To submit your writing for review, please email support (at) the small business (dot) org with the subject line "Guest Post Submission". Please include the following:
- A Microsoft Word document or plain text file containing your article. Any links in your post or byline should be properly formatted.
- Include your author byline at the bottom, with the links to your website or social media profile formatted.
We will let you know whether your post has been accepted for publication as soon as possible. It can take up to 2 weeks for us to review and write back to you, but we will respond.
Thanks again for your interest!